A day of greenhorn paddler

It all started day before. Total failure of colossal proportions.

I COULD NOT BE BOTHERED TO COOK DINER.!!!!

In the morning i felt great ,made breakfast posted lovely pics of my cooking skills and fafed about a bit (actually bit more) and then i set off.

business as usual first hour i just moved about and try to get into rhythm.Which I did not.

My leg was killing me and the waves where too choppy the wind was to windy and basically I felt sorry for myself big time.

At the moment i realised what has happened (not the first time)

I had no dinner which disturbed the body routine blal bla bla etc.

I eat breakfast and set off exactly 3 hours after eating and paddled for an hour and then run out of fuel literally .

Through the previous expeditions i figured out that i can go for four hours on one fuel tank but the catch is I have to eat just before i go on the water. That is where the thermos flask comes in . Usually I eat next to the kayak in my soggy kit and then i set of.

Anyway as i realised the problem i deployed my contingency plan ..

I landed and gorged all my day supply of food.

A litre of porridge all the peanuts and pretty much all the biscuits and i was left with soggy bread and molded bit of cheese for the rest of the day.

And you know what it  did not help at all, sky was still dark waves were too choppy just my leg did not hurt. Luckily i have contingency plan for contingency plan .I pulled out jetboil and made Expedition super tea with to massive spoons of cane sugar .

The sun came out, wind was not windy any more and i had great paddle til the sunset then i landed in a shitty holiday park and slept in my bivi next to my kayak .

Highlight  of the day the park  had toilets and running water so i could rinse my gear in fresh water

Oh and the cheese biscuits were awesome .hafk

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The last day is Saturday

Poop in a pipe

The toilet snooze